The Blaney Bale Shredder can chop silage bales up to 5 times faster than a diet feeder.
With this machine you can give livestock the optimum amount of fresh silage without the need for back-breaking graping. By feeding on a daily basis, silage is more palatable, giving improved intake for more live weight gain per day. this results in less wastage and more profit.
The Bale Shredder can be easily loaded with round bales for feeding, shredding and chopping the silage up into more manageable lengths for easier eating. With various discharge chute options, it can be used to feed silage along passageways, over gates or into troughs, tubs or feeding trailers.
Using chopped silage bales prevents livestock pulling the silage into the slats resulting in cleaner livestock and reducing blockages in slurry mixing and lifting operations. Research and tests comparing chopped and unchopped silage found that chopped silage gave improved intake and more live weight gain. The Bale Shredder has been innovatively designed to allow you to vary and control the chop to suit your feeding needs.
- Chops silage up for easier eating
- Gives optimum amount of fresh feed for;-
- Less wastage & improved intake
- More live weight gain per day
- More profit
- Suitable for clamped & baled silage
The first bale shredder designed to reduce dust and give a more even spread over a greater distance.
The Blaney Bale Shredder is ideal for straw chopping for bedding and can be used in cubicles or larger pens. The option of a high discharge chute can distribute straw up to a distance of 10m.
An innovative fan design maximises & maintains volumetric flow and air velocity that ensures maximum flow of straw over these large distances with minimised dust. Meticulously developed discharge chute geometry maintains material flow in suspension to minimise drag losses and maximises pressure difference to further accelerate flow and even particle distribution.
Not only does this help prevent the unwelcomed occurrence of “chute blockage” but it also means that less horsepower and diesel is required to operate the machine. This benefits the user immensely, as lower horsepower results in lower running costs and increased profit.
- Efficient use of straw with more even & effective spreading
- Cleaner more comfortable beds for healthier livestock
- Chop control kit options allow straw bedding suitable for cattle and sheep down to a very fine cop for poultry
- Suitable for round & large or small square straw bales
- Volumetric flow and velocity for more even particle size and distribution (prevents all heavy material at the end of the spread)